University of Nottingham - International Summer School 2020, Malaysia
We are pleased to share that University of Nottingham has recently opened applications for the International Summer School Programme 2020 that offers opportunities for anyone wishing to undertake short term study abroad while learning about Malaysia's wonderful and varied culture at first hand. This two-week programme will provide you with the opportunity to study new subjects, meet people from across the world and learn about a different culture. They've have also scheduled the programme to run in a manner that participants will have a two full, free weekends, with free time to strike out on their own to explore the delights of Malaysia!
Program details are mentioned below for ready reference, for further details you can log on to: https://www.nottingham.edu.my/International/Summer/International-Summer-School/Index.aspx
In case of any queries, you can contact on: email@example.com
University of Nottingham is ranked top 100 of universities worldwide and recognized internationally for pioneering research and teaching excellence. This two-week programme will provide you with the opportunity to study new subjects, meet people from across the globe and learn about different cultures. No matter where you live in the world, whether you study or work, you are eligible to take part in our International Summer School, providing you to meet the core entry requirements.
Arrival - 1 July 2020 (Wednesday)
Departure - 16 July 2020 (Thursday)
In order for your module to be recognized by your parent institution, be sure to check that they do indeed award credit for summer school programmes before enrolling.
- Delivering Effective Presentations (Level 1)
- Communicative English in Business Context (Level 1)
- Creative Writing : Place, Travel, Movement (Level 1)
- Intensive Mandarin Chinese for Beginners (Level 1)
- Doing Business in Asia (Level 2 and Level 2, Advance)
- Politics, Culture and the Media in Southeast Asia (Level 2)
The classes offered during our Summer School draw from the range of programmes available on campus.
- Level 1 classes are for Pre-University, Undergraduate Year 1 and Year 2.
- Level 2, classes are for Undergraduate Year 1 and Year 2
- Level 2, Advance classes are for Undergraduate Year 3 and Postgraduate.
- Pre-University participants who are interested in taking a Level 2 module will be considered on a case to case basis.
Applicants eligible to apply will be:
- Pre-University, undergraduates, postgraduates and academics from any institutions worldwide.
- Working adults who are not currently enrolled in any academic programme are also welcome to apply.
- All the programmes are delivered in English and students are expected to have good English language ability * IELTS or other English language certificates will be considered.
- You must be aged 18 or over.
- Formal academic requirements not necessary.
- Anyone fulfilling these entry requirements is eligible to apply.
- Although there are no specific prerequisites, acceptance onto individual modules.
* Online application for 2020 is available!
- Interested applicant, please apply via Online Application Form (Under International Summer School).
- Programme application deadline is 1 June 2020. However, applications received after the deadline will still be considered subject to availability of places.
- Spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Actual Fee after bursaries:
- 21 Universities and University of Nottingham students : RM 3750 (approximately GBP 720)
- Third world countries or developing nations : RM2800 (approximately GBP 480).
Further discounts available:
- An early bird discount of 10% will be given to students who have paid full by 30 April 2019.
- Group discount rates are available for student groups from partner institutions
The cost includes:
- All tuition and classroom support costs
- Accommodation on campus for the entire duration of the programme - 02 to 17 July 2019 (should you choose to stay off campus, any additional cost incurred on accommodation will be self-borne).
- Accommodation will be provided one week before and after the programme with an additional cost of RM90 perday.
- Field trip, cultural, and social programme.
- Breakfasts coupons on the days with classes, and two banquet meals. On the days during field trips, meals will only be available as stated in the itinerary
The cost does not include:
- Return ticket to Malaysia
- Flight booking and visa charges for optional weekend excursions
- Most meals (which is very reasonably priced in Malaysia)
- Accommodation and transportation for excursions arranged by the participant.
- Insurance (students are advised to sort out their own overseas travel insurance before they leave their home country)
For enquiries please contact:
1. Sugunamalar Vijayaratnam (Academic matters)- telephone : +60 (0)3 8924 8260
2. Anushia Thamotharem (General matters)- telephone : + 60 (0)3 8924 8684
3. Email: SummerSchool.Malaysia@nottingham.edu.my