Study in Turkey | Türkiye Scholarships 2021
We are pleased to announce that applications for Türkiye Scholarships 2021 are now open!
Türkiye Scholarship is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students and researchers to pursue undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs at the top universities in Turkey. Along with a full-time study program, it also provides compulsory one-year Turkish Language Course which ensures that all students acclimatize to the social and cultural environment in Turkey. The fund is not only inclusive of financial support, tuition fee, accommodation and health insurance but also provides university placement and academic, social and cultural facilities to its awardees.
You can complete the online application form at the link: https://tbbs.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr/
Application dates: January 10, 2021 – February 20, 2021
Please find the details of the scholarship below. In case of any query please contact email@example.com
Turkey opens the doors of its universities for international students from all around the world with Türkiye Scholarships that offers a range of programs designed for each level of study, providing different forms of support, ranging from full-time degrees to short-term specialized programs as well as tailored and partnered programs for specific target groups. The scholarship program provides its recipients with vast opportunities and education in the most prestigious Turkish universities, helping students gain new perspectives and have a unique educational experience during their study in Turkey. It is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students to pursue full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Turkey. The aim of this program is to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
The scholarship program offers programs at the 50 top and most prestigious universities in Turkey, and provides a compulsory one-year Turkish Language Course which ensures that all students acclimatize and adapt to the social and cultural environment they live in. Apart from the basic services and assistance, Türkiye Scholarships also offers social, cultural and academic guidance in the form of congresses, programs, seminars, international student academies, culture day gatherings, sports and arts related programs as well as training, internship opportunities, and career orientation programs.
Top universities in Turkey
Interested applicants must fulfill the following criteria;
- Citizens of all countries can apply except Turkey
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have 12 years of education with at least 70% and be under the age of 21 at the time of application
- Applicants for graduate program must have 16 years of education with at least 75% and be under the age of 30 at the time of application
- Applicants for doctoral program must have 18 years of education with at least 75% and be under the age of 35 years at the time of application
- Researchers and academicians will be given preference
- Applicants must be graduated before September 2021
- University and program placement
- Monthly Stipend
- Undergraduate: 800 TL/month
- Graduate: 1,100 TL/month
- Doctoral: 1,600 TL/month
- Tuition Fee
- Once-off Return Flight Ticket
- Health Insurance
- One year Turkish Language Course
Length of award:
- Undergraduate: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4-6 years (depending on the normal duration of the program)
- Graduate: 1 year Turkish Language course + 2 years
- Doctoral: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4 years
All candidates must submit the following documents during online application:
- A valid National Identification Document OR a valid Passport
- A recent photo of the candidate (must be a proper portrait)
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation
- Academic transcripts
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university & program)
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university & program)
- A research proposal and an example of applicant’s written work (for PhD applicants only)
The deadline to submit online application is Saturday, February 20, 2021. Visit here for complete application timeline.
How to apply?
All applicants are required to register at the given link and submit the required documents online via application portal only.