Study in Hungary | Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships 2021-22
We are happy to inform you that the Stipendium Hungaricum online application system for the 2021-22 academic year is now open!
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) invites applications from Pakistani nationals for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme (2021-22), launched by the Hungarian Government for Bachelor's, One-Tier Master's, Master's and PhD studies. The grant of this program will fund participant's tuition fee, monthly stipend, accommodation and medical expenses.
Deadline to apply is January 15, 2021, 1500hrs (Pakistan Standard Time)
It is mandatory to submit online applications at the Hungarian and HEC website BOTH.
Online application links:
Please find the key details of the scholarship listed below for your reference.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stipendium Hungaricum, being the most prestigious higher education scholarship programme of the Hungarian Government, offers a wide range of courses for international students of excellent academic track record. The scholarship aims to support the internationalization of the Hungarian higher education and its constant development, to strengthen the international relations of the academic and research community, and to promote the good reputation and competitiveness of the Hungarian higher education throughout the world. Founded by the Hungarian Government in 2013, the programme is supervised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and managed by the Tempus Public Foundation.
It is based on bilateral education agreements between Hungary and the governments of the sending countries, and is already available on five continents in approximately 70 countries, attracting more than 5000 international students each year. Applicants are offered more than 500 full degree programmes, covering all higher education fields at all degree levels, including part-time and doctoral programmes.
Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC)
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available under following programs:
- Bachelor's Degree (after 12 years education)
- One-Tier Master's Degree (after 12 years education)
- Master's Degree (after 16 years education)
- PhD Degree (after 17/18 years education)
- Tuition-free education
- Monthly stipend
- Medical insurance
To be eligible for a Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, applicant must fulfil the below eligibility criteria:
- Must be a citizen of Pakistan
- Must fulfil the age criteria specified for course level
- Must have completed:
- HSSC/Intermediate or equivalent for application in Bachelor's and One-Tier Master's degree
- 16 years Bachelors/or equivalent Degree for application in Master's Program
- 18 years Degree/or equivalent for application in PhD Program
- Must fill all the fields of the Hungary application form and HEC application form and no column or field should be left unfilled
- Certificates/Transcript/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC. Equivalence of O & A level from IBCC is mandatory
- Must submit IELTS/TOEFL scores as required, where applicable
- Must submit medical certificate of satisfactory health condition (issued not earlier than 15 November 2020)
- In case of final selection, applicants will have to submit a bond on legal paper to HEC stating that:
- She/he will not change discipline after final award of scholarship
- Will return to Pakistan after completion of degree
- Must fulfill all other requirements set by host Hungarian university/Tempus Public Foundation/Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
- In case of final selection, bond agreement must be submitted
Applications will NOT be considered in the following cases:
- Hungarian citizens (including those with dual citizenships)
- Applications misrepresenting any information, even if the misrepresentation is pointed out after the scholarship is awarded
Applicants are MANDATORILY required to submit only online applications at the Hungarian and HEC website. Incase applicant fails to submit online application forms on BOTH websites, their application will not be considered for further processing.
Visit here for the complete application procedure.
All of the following documents are compulsory and need to be submitted online until deadline.
- Online application forms
- Motivation Letter
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translation in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Medical certificate
- Copy of passport
- Acceptance of Statement for Application in Tempus Public Foundation Hungary online system
- Research Plan (For doctoral level)
- Letters of recommendation Letters of Recommendation and Statement of the Supervisor (For doctoral level)
Note: All documents that cannot be obtained in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian have to be translated and the translations have to be submitted as well as the copy of the original document.
January 15, 2021, 1500hrs (Pakistan Standard Time)
Official scholarship website: https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/.