Study in Germany | DAAD Scholarships 2023 for Master's & PhD
Applications for DAAD Scholarship - Development Related Post-Graduate courses are now open.
This scholarship is designed to award Pakistani citizens the opportunity to study for master's & PhD in German Universities. The fund of the program includes monthly payments, payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance, travel allowance, monthly rent subsidy and monthly allowance for accompanying members of family.
Interested students can apply directly to the chosen study programme. Application deadline varies according to program.
Please find attached the DAAD brochure, application form and list of all courses with application deadlines 2023/24.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years' professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or master's degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master's/PhD) in Germany.
12 to 42 months (dependent on study programme)
Applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a bachelor's degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years' professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
Depending on chosen study programme; please check scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.
- Applications have only to be sent to the respective course directly! Please refer to their respective websites for the application procedure (e.g. online application), for the application deadline and the documents to be submitted. Applications sent to the DAAD will not be forwarded to the respective course/university.
- You can apply for up to three courses. If applying to more than one course, please list courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms and do not change the priorities in the according application form!
For further application details, please visit here
For further information, please visit:
You can also refer to FAQs section for further clarification.