Application for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme 2023-24 is now open
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) invites applications from Pakistani nationals for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme (2023-24), launched by the Hungarian Government for Bachelor's, One-Tier Master's, Master's and PhD studies. The grant of this program will fund participant’s tuition fee, monthly stipend, accommodation and medical expenses.
The deadline to apply is January 16, 2023, 1600 hrs (Pakistan Standard Time)
It is mandatory to submit online applications on both at the Hungarian and HEC website.
List of programs and host institutions:
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme Available Programs (hec.gov.pk)
Online application links:
Tempus Public Foundation Online Application: Apply online! - Stipendium Hungaricum
HEC Online Application: HEC - Scholarship Portal
How to apply:
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme How to Apply (hec.gov.pk)
Stipendium Hungaricum, being the most prestigious higher education scholarship programme of the Hungarian Government, offers a wide range of courses for international students of excellent academic track record. The scholarship aims to support the internationalization of the Hungarian higher education and its constant development, to strengthen the international relations of the academic and research community, and to promote the good reputation and competitiveness of the Hungarian higher education throughout the world. Founded by the Hungarian Government in 2013, the programme is supervised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and managed by the Tempus Public Foundation.
It is based on bilateral education agreements between Hungary and the governments of the sending countries, and is already available on five continents in approximately 70 countries, attracting more than 5000 international students each year. Applicants are offered more than 500 full degree programmes, covering all higher education fields at all degree levels, including part-time and doctoral programmes.
Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC)
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available under following programs:
- Bachelor's Degree (after 12 years education)
- One-Tier Master's Degree (after 12 years education)
- Master's Degree (after 16 years education)
- PhD Degree (after 17/18 years education)
- Tuition-free education
- Monthly stipend
- Medical insurance
To be eligible for a Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, applicant must fulfil the below eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Applicants enrolled in last year of their existing study programs/degrees and result awaiting candidates are allowed to apply.
- The minimum age criteria for the scholarship is 18 years and the eligible applicants are those born before 01 September 2005
- For Bachelor's (Undergraduate Programs) and One-Tier Master's degree programs i.e. DVM, DPharm, Medicine/Dentistry etc., applicant must have completed HSSC/Intermediate or equivalent before August 01, 2023. In case of failure of submission of final degree and transcript on https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/ portal before August 01, 2023, candidature will be cancelled.
- For Master's (Postgraduate Programs), applicant must have completed 16 years Bachelors/or equivalent degree before August 01, 2023. In case of failure of submission of final degree and transcript on https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/ before August 01, 2023, candidature will be cancelled.
- For PhD Programs, applicant must have completed 17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree/or equivalent before August 01, 2023. In case of failure of submission of final degree and transcript on https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/ before August 01, 2023, candidature will be cancelled.
- The applicant must fill all the fields of the Hungary application form and HEC application form and no column or field should be left unfilled.
- Certificates/Transcripts/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC. Equivalence of O & A level from IBCC is mandatory for Bachelor's (Undergraduate Programs) and One-Tier Master's degree (OTM).
- IELTS/TOEFL scores as required, where applicable by Hungarian side.
- All applicants must submit medical certificate of satisfactory health condition (issued not earlier than 15 November 2022, a written certificate from a physician to prove that the applicant does not have the following illnesses: AIDS, Hepatitis A, B, C or any other epidemic conditions)
- In case of final selection, applicants will have to submit a bond on legal paper to HEC that he/she will not change discipline after final award of scholarship, and immediately after completion of his/her degree, he/she will return back to Pakistan to serve the country for a period as prescribed by the HEC. In case of failure to do so, HEC reserves the right to recover from candidate or his/her guarantor, a penalty amount as prescribed/decided by the HEC.
- Applicants must fulfill all other requirements set by host Hungarian university/Tempus Public Foundation/Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- All applicants are required to provide USAT (Undergraduate) or HAT (Masters/M.Phill/PhD) test scores. Applicant must have obtained a minimum score of 50 out of 100 in USAT or HAT test. Those applicants who have taken USAT or HAT test on or after January 01, 2022 may upload the test result on HEC portal for consideration. Applicants are informed that previous score of HAT Undergraduate categories i.e. HAT-UG-M, HAT-UG-E, HAT-UG-G, are not applicable for the scholarship. Without providing minimum USAT or HAT test score (50 out of 100), applications will not be considered for further process. Those interested applicants who are yet to take USAT or HAT test, may register for the same by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/ .
- Note: It is the sole responsibility of student(s) applying for any professional degree (Medical, Engineering, Nursing, Architecture, Law, Veterinary Medicine etc.) to first get confirmed its accreditation from the respective Councils i.e. Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC), Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners (PCATP), Pakistan Bar Council (PBC), Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC), Pakistan Technology Council etc.
Applications will not be considered in the following cases:
- Pakistanis having dual citizenship.
- Applications misrepresent any information, even if the misrepresentation is pointed out after the scholarship is awarded.
Applicants are MANDATORILY required to submit only online applications at the Hungarian and HEC website. Incase applicant fails to submit online application forms on BOTH websites, their application will not be considered for further processing.
All of the following documents are compulsory and need to be submitted online until deadline.
- Online application forms
- Motivation Letter
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translation in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Medical certificate
- Copy of passport
- Acceptance of Statement for Application in Tempus Public Foundation Hungary online system
- Research Plan (For doctoral level)
- Letters of recommendation and Statement of the Supervisor (For doctoral level)
Note: All documents that cannot be obtained in the language of the selected study program or in Hungarian have to be translated and the translations have to be submitted as well as a copy of the original document.
January 16, 2023, 1600 hrs (Pakistan Standard Time)
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.