NBEAC workshop: "Developing Gender and Diversity Leadership in Higher Education"
Dear faculty members,
NBEAC is organizing a Workshop titled: "Developing gender and diversity leadership in higher education" on January 30-31, 2020 at University of Lahore.
Interested faculty members can let us know of the same by noon on Friday, November 20, 2019.
NBEAC Training & Development Wing (TDW) is organizing a workshop on "Developing Gender and Diversity Leadership in Higher Education" on 30th -31st January 2020 in University of Lahore, Lahore. The objective of this two-day workshop is to develop an understanding of issues related to gender and diversity in higher education institutions and enable reflections for a way forward.
Intended Learning Outcomes
1. To create a critical understanding of stereotypes and unconscious bias on the basis of gender and other dimensions of diversity.
2. To develop sensitivity and awareness about issues of diversity and identity differences in higher education.
3. To identify possible way forward
Workshop content (indicative)
1. Theory and context
a. Theoretical understanding of gender equality and diversity at work
b. Context: The state of gender in Pakistan and HE
2. Issues of gender and diversity in practice
a. Gender and careers
b. Sexual harassment and HE
c. Diversity and backlash in the classroom
3. Diversity leadership and best practices in HE
4. Way forward: Group presentation on addressing gender and diversity related issues in HE
Who will benefit from this workshop?
Vice Chancellors, Rectors, Deans, Directors, Department Heads and other administrators and senior managers in higher education institutions.
Consultants: Dr. Jawad Syed ( Professor, Suleman Dawood School of Business, LUMS); Dr. Faiza Ali (Associate Professor, Suleman Dawood School of Business, LUMS)