Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) 2023-24
We are pleased to announce Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) 2023-24 under the Research Grants Council (RGC) for doctoral studies in Hong Kong.
It aims to provide grant to pursue PhD degree in eight research degree-awarding universities in Hong Kong. Awardees will each be entitled to an annual stipend of HK$325,200 (approximately US$41,690) and annual conference and research-related travel allowances of HK$13,600 (approximately US$1,740) for a period of up to three years. Awardees requiring more than three years to complete their PhD degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities.
The HKPFS 2023/24 calls for applications from1 September 2022 to 1 December 2022 (12:00 noon, Hong Kong Time).
Initial application portal: https://cerg1.ugc.edu.hk/hkpfs/InitApplication.jsp
Kindly peruse the prime details of HKPFS shared below for your reference.
- Applicants from all over, seeking admission as a new full-time PhD student in a Hong Kong university, are eligible and invited to apply.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate outstanding academic performance, exceptional research ability/potential, acute communication and interpersonal skills, and excellent leadership abilities.
Deadline:The HKPFS 2023/24 calls for applications from1 September 2022 to 1 December 2022 (12:00 noon, Hong Kong Time).
Step 1: Submit initial application to Research Grants Council (portal: https://cerg1.ugc.edu.hk/hkpfs/InitApplication.jsp)
Step 2: Submit full applications to proposed universities quoting the HKPFS reference number.
- Applicants may choose a maximum of two programmes within one or two universities for PhD study.
- Applications for PhD admission must be submitted to relevant university(ies) directly for the selected programme(s).
- Applicants are obliged to fully comply with the admission requirements of their selected universities and programmes.
Eight research degree-awarding universities are listed below.
- City University of Hong Kong(CityU)
- Hong Kong Baptist University(HKBU)
- Lingnan University(LU)
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong(CUHK)
- The Education University of Hong Kong(EdUHK)
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University(PolyU)
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
- The University of Hong Kong(HKU)
The Fellowship covers:
- Annual stipend of HK$325,200 (approximately US$41,690)
- A conference and research related travel allowance of HK$13,600/year (approximately US$1,740) for a period of three years.
- For awardees who need more than three years to complete the PhD degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities.