Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master's Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance) 2021
We are pleased to share the DAAD-Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master's Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance) for the year 2021.This scholarship is designed to award Pakistani citizens the opportunity to study for Master's in German Universities and to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of good governance and to prepare them in a practice-oriented course for their professional life.
The scholarship covers tuition fee, 850 euro of monthly scholarship, research subsidies, rent subsidies, and travel allowance wherever necessary.
Application deadline lasts from June 1st to July 31st, 2020.
Key details of Helmut-Schmidt-Programme 2021 are listed below for your ready reference. In case of any concern or query, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of good governance and to prepare them in a practice-oriented course for their professional life. Very good graduates with a first university degree get the chance to obtain a master's degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political and economic development of their home country.
Who can apply?
The scholarship programme is open to graduates in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics and in public administration from Africa, Central and Latin America, Asia, from countries in the Middle East as well as from the Ukraine.
DAAD selection requirements:
- Good academia results.
- Language skills.
- Political and social engagement.
- Convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany.
- expected benefit when returning to the home country
- Scholarship of monthly 850 € for selected MA programmes at German institutions of higher education listed below.
- The study programmes are usually starting in Sep/Oct 2020 and are taught in German and/or English.
- Contributions to health insurance in Germany.
- Appropriate travel allowance.
- Study and research subsidy.
- monthly rent subsidy where applicable,
- Allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
- 6-months-German language course.
- DAAD-scholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are exempted from tuition fees.
- DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships (only electronically editing possible).
- Hand-signed and dated motivation letter (one single letter for both universities) containing a precise description of the applicant's academic/professional and personal reasons for choosing those MA-programmes and universities (two pages maximum).
- Hand-signed and dated full curriculum vitae including.
- information about the precise field of your studies and, if
- applicable, description of job experience
- Copy of acquired university degrees (please attach an explanation of the grading system)
- Copy of the transcript of records
- Recent language certificates (German and/or English)
- One letter of recommendation, signed and recently dated by your university professor or current employer, supplemented by an official letterhead, and stamp (not in a sealed envelope)
- Please submit only legible copies of your documents.
- Please consider that illegible documents can lead to a formal rejection.
- Applications sent to the DAAD will not be forwarded to the respective course/university. They become property of the DAAD and will not be returned.
- The applicant has no right to claim for reimbursement.
- In case your application is sent to more than two universities or if nonspecific priorities are given, your application will not be accepted.
- Only complete applications can be accepted.
- If you fail to follow the given procedures, you will be excluded from the application process.
- Applications must be submitted in German or English.
- Please indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master's scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance).
- You are allowed to submit your application for up to two master`s courses listed below.
List of Master's Courses:
1. Hertie School of Governance, Berlin: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
2. Universität Duisburg-Essen: Master of Development and Governance
3. Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
4. Leuphana Universität Lüneburg: Public Economics, Law and Politics (PELP)
5. Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit-Organisations
6. Universität Osnabrück: Master of Democratic Governance and Civil Society
7. Universität Passau: Master of Governance and Public Policy
8. Universität Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM)
Applications received after Friday, July 31st, 2020 will not be considered.
You can find the application form and other details on the following website:
Please ensure that you meet all admission requirements of the master`s course of your choice before you apply at a maximum of two universities listed above.