Global Intern Program 2021 at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), South Korea
Global Intern Program (GIP) offers a wonderful opportunity for students who would like to experience the unique research environment and opportunities available at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), South Korea. Students will join a research lab for eight-weeks during the summer to receive valuable training and mentoring from the lab's professor. Undergraduate Seniors or Master's Degree students from Computer Science program having GPA of 3.0 or above are eligible to apply. The benefits of this Summer Internship Program include half of round-trip airfare, monthly stipend, dormitory accommodation, research in world’s best labs, special lectures, intensive Korean classes for language and culture and GIP completion certificate.
Interested students can apply online before March 12, 2021
Online application link: https://ipa.gist.ac.kr/ipa/sub04_01_02.do
For those of you who would like to experience the unique research environment and opportunities available at the GIST, the Global Intern Program (GIP) offers a wonderful opportunity to experience research at GIST by having you join a research lab for eight-weeks during the summer to receive valuable training and mentoring from the lab's professor. It will be an opportunity to help you decide if pursuing an advanced degree at GIST is right for you while gaining valuable research experience.
GIP Research Fields:
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
- Undergraduate Seniors or Master's Degree students
- A GPA of 3.0 or above
Selected candidates will have the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend
- Half of round-trip airfare to Korea
- Dormitory accommodation allowance
- Korean Language Class
- Cultural class
- GIP completion certificate
- Research experience with GIST labs
- Culture Exploration
GIP Program – Details:
8-week Laboratory Internship
- Based on your research proposal:
- 1-7th week: Submit a short paper
- 8th week: Submit a draft of your research poster for poster session
Your submitted papers and poster will be published in a book and given to you, your home university, and your participating GIST laboratory.
From July 10th to August 17th (for 6 weeks) every Monday to Friday, students will have a Korean lecture for 2 hours. They will receive 52 hours of Korean language instruction for 8 weeks to help them learn basic Korean. For the Korean Class Completion Ceremony, students will be required to give a short presentation in Korean.
Special lectures from GIST and international organizations will be provided once a week.
- Create an account with your email address
- Complete the online application form and upload the following required documents in English:
- Original official degree certificates (Diploma, Certificate of Enrollment/Graduation, etc.)
- Original official transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Proficiency proof
- Applicants must make sure to press the “Submit” button after completing their applications.
March 12, 2021