Call for Performances | GBSN Beyond Virtual Conference
This year, GBSN Beyond will feature a Music. Art. Heals. Performance Series. The purpose of this Performance Series is to overcome barriers of language, religion, culture, and geography, and unite their global audience. Therefore, GBSN invite students from its network to submit a recorded performance (music & dance) in order to provide attendees with various opportunities for engagement and entertainment. Students from all disciplines and levels are encouraged to participate.
The Call for Performances closes on September 17, 2021. Interested students are required to complete this online form.
Key details of the program are listed below for your ready reference.
Feel free to email us for any concerns.
GBSN Beyond: Virtual Conference Reimagined
This conference utilizes a versatile events platform to convene members of business, academia, and civil society to collectively tackle some of the complex problems our societies across the globe are facing. GBSN Beyond features three parallel track experiences during the month of October leading up to a 3-day virtual conference, November 15-17. These tracks engage Learners, Educators, and Leaders. Each parallel track includes a core learning experience with various sessions, networking opportunities and workshops. The virtual conference will feature keynotes, panel discussions, lightning talks, workshops, and networking activities that generally focus on four themes: humanitarian logistics, climate change, healthcare, and human rights.
GBSN Beyond provides attendees numerous opportunities for engagement, and this year, GBSN Beyond will feature a Music. Art. Heals. Performance Series. The purpose of this Performance Series is to overcome barriers of language, religion, culture, and geography, and unite their global audience around the healing and joy performing arts brings.
Because of the virtual nature of this year's conference, artists are encouraged to submit their work in one of the following categories:
- 1. Pre-Recorded Performance Collective
- 2. Live Video Performance
- 3. Single Location and Solo Short
- 4. Outside the Box
For performance category details, please click here.
Performances should be submitted through this online form. Submission must include the following:
- Performance Title
- Performance Category
- Brief description of performance submission (500 word max)
- Name(s), contact information of Performer(s) and name of Institution. If submitting a group performance, please indicate one main point of contact
- Artist’s Statement describing the applicant’s philosophy and vision (1-2 paragraphs)
- Biographies for artistic personnel (1-2 paragraphs)
- Links to websites, as applicable
- Performance File and/or Samples (Accepted file formats include word document for written submission, .mp4 file for video submission, .mp3 file for audio only submission)
- Performers can submit more than one performance submission. Every effort will be made to ensure diversity is represented in the performances selected.
- GBSN reserves the right to recommend changes to performances upon consultation with performers.
- Performers must provide consent to conference organizers to publish the performance on the Hubb platform and to share the performance online.
Important dates & deadlines:
Call for performances opens
19 July, 2021
Call for performances closes
20 September, 2021
Selected performers are notified
22 September, 2021