Fulbright Program 2022 - Master's & PhD Degree in United States
Please find attached an advertisement of Fulbright Program 2022. This program is designed to award Pakistani citizens the opportunity to study for a Master's or PhD degree program at a US university beginning in fall of 2022. The grant of this program will fund participant's tuition, required textbooks, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance. USEFP also assists with the visa process.
Application for Fulbright Program 2022 can be completed online at https://applications.usefp.org/programs/fulbright/app/. Application deadline is Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
We will also arrange information session and shall be holding GRE Mock to facilitate the interested candidates from IBA family; separate email shall be circulated for the same.
Key details of Fulbright Program 2022 are listed below for your information. In case of any concern or query, please feel free to contact IRC team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fulbright is the flagship scholarship program of the U.S Department of State and it funds graduate study in the United States.
All successful candidates are required to sign a contract with USEFP and, for successful PhD candidates, a bond with the HEC that binds them to return to Pakistan immediately after their program in the U.S. and serve the country for the number of years equivalent to the length of their scholarship program. This contract is redeemable on a year-for-year basis minimum of two years; as long as a person fulfils the service requirement, he or she will pay nothing.
Permanent citizens of Pakistan with strong academic histories, residing and working in Pakistan and committed to returning and serving Pakistan
For Master's: Persons who have a completed 16 years of formal education. Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply except for MBA applicants
For PhD: Persons with 18 years of formal education. It is highly desirable that candidates have work experience in teaching, research and or the public sector in Pakistan
All disciplines except for clinical medicine are eligible to apply. Applicants are especially encouraged in the fields of:
- Public Health
- Social Sciences
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Environmental Science/Studies
- Security/Peace Studies
- Data Science
Individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds and remote areas who would not otherwise have such an opportunity, women, minorities and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply
- Persons with a dual U.S./Pakistan nationality or those having a spouse, parent, fiancé or child over 18 years of age who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Employees of the Fulbright organization or the U.S. Department of State and their spouses, fiancés, siblings, dependents, children and parents. For programs funded by their agencies, employees of USAID or the HEC and their spouses, fiancés, siblings, dependents, children and parents.
- As a general matter, preference for Fulbright student opportunities will be given to candidates who have not previously received a Fulbright student grant.
- Persons already studying in the U.S. or on a work/residence visa in any country.
Additional Application Requirements:
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Score; according to old scoring system, minimum requirement is 300 on each section of GRE with higher score on the section most applicable to applicant's field of study. As per new scoring system, minimum scores of 138 in the verbal and 136 in the quantitative sections are required. (If you are selected and your field requires it, then you will be advised to take a GMAT / GRE subject at that time; such scores, however, are not required with the application)
Short-listed applicants will be required to take the TOEFL within two weeks of being notified and to bring proof of registration for the TOEFL with them to the interview (you will need a minimum score of 90)
Complete application package for this program includes
Complete online application form for Fulbright Program 2022 (https://applications.usefp.org/programs/fulbright/app/)
Three reference letters (Referee has the option to submit the letter online or send the paper copy through courier before the application deadline of June 9, 2021)
GRE Score Report
Scanned transcripts, including an explanation of the grading scale of the university issuing the degree should be uploaded. Please note that HEC-attested documents are preferable but not required with the application
Selection process has four stages:
- Round 1: All applications screened for completeness and minimum qualifications.
- Round 2: Complete applications that meet the minimum qualifications are evaluated according to a set of established criteria and shortlisted.
- Round 3: In-person or virtual interviews of short-listed applicants take place between July and October.
- Round 4: Final candidates and alternates are selected in October. Applicants who have become finalists or alternates will be notified by e-mail and official acceptance letter. Those who do not get selected are notified only by mail.
- Final approval is given by the Foreign Scholarship Board in Washington, D.C.
- Read all of the application instructions carefully before beginning the application.
- Register for the GRE at https://www.usefp.org/testing-services/gre.cfm
- You can also refer to FAQs section.
Last date to submit the online application package (along with a copy of complete documents) to USEFP is Wednesday, June 9, 2021. If you have any query at any stage, then please feel free to contact us.
Short-listed applicants will be called in for interviews at Islamabad between July and October 2021. Final candidates and alternates will be selected and notified in October 2021
Spouses of Fulbright grantees usually join them in the second semester. Grantees with children can request to bring their dependents. However, they will need to demonstrate financial ability to support their dependent while they are in the U.S., including obtaining medical insurance.