Fulbright Degree Program 2021
We are pleased to share that the Fulbright Masters and PhD Program funds graduate study in the United States for a Master's or Ph.D. degree is open now.This program is designed to award Pakistani citizens the opportunity to study for a Master's or PhD degree program at a US university beginning in fall of 2021. The grant of this program will fund participant's tuition, required textbooks, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance. USEFP also assists with the visa process.
Application for Fulbright Program 2021 can be completed online at: https://applications.usefpakistan.org/programs/fulbright/app/ Application deadline is Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Key details of Fulbright Program 2021 are listed below for your information. In case of any concern or query, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Master's: Persons who have a completed 16 years of formal education. Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply except for MBA applicants
- For PhD: Persons with 18 years of formal education. It is highly desirable that candidates have work experience in teaching, research and or the public sector in Pakistan
- All disciplines except for clinical medicine are eligible to apply. Applicants are especially encouraged in the fields of:
- Public Health
- Social Sciences
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Environmental Science/Studies
- Security/Peace Studies
- Data Science
- Individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds and remote areas who would not otherwise have such an opportunity, women, minorities and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply
Additional Application Requirements:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Score; according to old scoring system, minimum requirement is 300 on each section of GRE with higher score on the section most applicable to applicant's field of study. As per new scoring system, minimum scores of 138 in the verbal and 136 in the quantitative sections are required. (If you are selected and your field requires it, then you will be advised to take a GMAT / GRE subject at that time; such scores, however, are not required with the application)
- Short-listed applicants will be required to take the TOEFL within two weeks of being notified and to bring proof of registration for the TOEFL with them to the interview (you will need a minimum score of 90)
Pakistani citizens, residing and working in Pakistan, with strong academic histories in all disciplines except clinical medicine are welcome to apply.
In addition to academic work, persons selected for Fulbright programs are expected to share information about Pakistani life and culture with their U.S. colleagues and with community groups in the U.S. On returning to Pakistan, Fulbright grantees are expected to share their U.S. experiences with colleagues and community groups in Pakistan. Successful candidates should be poised to assume leadership positions in their fields and must be committed to returning and serving Pakistan.
- Persons with a dual U.S./Pakistan nationality or those having a spouse, parent, fiancé or child over 18 years of age who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Employees of the Fulbright organization or the U.S. Department of State and their spouses, fiancés, siblings, dependents, children and parents. For programs funded by their agencies, employees of USAID or the HEC and their spouses, fiancés, siblings, dependents, children and parents.
- As a general matter, preference for Fulbright student opportunities will be given to candidates who have not previously received a Fulbright student grant. - Persons already studying in the U.S. or on a work/residence visa in any country.
How to apply:
A complete application package includes:
- An application form
- Three reference letters
- Your GRE score report and
- Scanned transcripts, including an explanation of the grading scale of the university issuing the degree should be uploaded. Please note that HEC-attested documents are preferable with the application but degree and transcripts attested by the issuing authority will be acceptable at the time of application.
Deadline for this program: May 13, 2020
For further details please log on to: https://www.usefpakistan.org/Programs/FulbrightDegree.cfm