Australia Awards Scholarship 2021
We are pleased to share that the applications of Australia Awards Scholarships 2021 are now open. This program is designed to award Pakistani citizens the opportunity to study for a Master's degree program at an Australian university beginning in 2021. Scholarship recipients will generally receive the following:
- Return air travel
- A one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- Full tuition fees
- Contribution to living expenses
- Introductory academic program
- Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the scholarship
- Supplementary academic support, and
- Fieldwork allowance
Application deadline is Thursday, April 30, 2020
Key details of Australia Awards Scholarships Program 2021 are listed below for your information and are also mentioned in attached document. You can also refer to the website http://www.australiaawardssouthwestasia.org/index.php/how-to-apply/pakistan for further reference.
Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Any of the Participating Australian Institutions
Level/Field(s) of study:
Undergraduate or Postgraduate Programmes that are related to your country's priority areas for development which are listed on the participating country profiles.Australia Awards are not available for training in areas related to flying aircraft, nuclear technology or military training.
Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. See the complete list of participating countries.
The scholarship benefits generally include: full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), Introductory Academic Program (IAP), Pre-course English (PCE) fees, etc. The scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program.
To be eligible to receive a Scholarship, applicants must:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- be a citizen of a participating country.
- not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia.
- not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.
- not be current serving military personnel.
- not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia.
- have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant's country of citizenship.
- be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken.
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa.
- Not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lesser than they have already achieved (e.g be applying for a Master's scholarship when they already hold a PhD); and
- Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas.
Please note that a person with disability who meets the eligibility criteria, may submit an application without providing an IELTS / TOEFL / PTE Test score. If shortlisted, Australia Awards Pakistan will arrange the language test for the candidate.
Country Specific Conditions:
Applicants must also meet the following country specific conditions:
- Passport and citizenship
- Degree Certificates
- Academic transcript / mark sheets
- IELTS or TOEFL or PTE Academic results (valid at 1 January 2021)
- Academic referee reports (two reports for applicants for Master's degree by research, and one report for applicants for Master's degree by coursework)
- Employment referee report (same template as academic referee report)
- Development Impact Plan (DIP)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (use template)
- Current employment letter
- Previous employment evidence
- No Objection Certificate (NOC)-for public sector employees only
- Certificates of special achievements or merit (if any)
a. for Masters by research degree, applicants must provide the research proposal (including proposed methodology, timeline and a brief literature review), and have in-principle agreement (letter or email) from a research supervisor at their chosen university in Australia
Priority Fields of Study:
Priority fields of study for Australia Awards Scholarships in Pakistan that promote Sustainable Development Goals include (but are not limited to):
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- Business Management (including MBA)
- Development Studies
- Disaster Management/Preparedness-Environmental Policy/Climate Change Adaptation
- Disability Studies
- Energy and Renewables
- Food Security
- Gender Studies
- Human Rights
- Integrated Water Resources Management (including Engineering)
- International Trade
- International and/or Human Rights Law
- International Relations
- International Law
- Mining (including Engineering)
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Policing and Counter-Terrorism
- Public Policy and/or Administration
- Public Health & Nutrition policies
- Sanitation and Clean Drinking Water
- Women's Studies
Apply online at https://oasis.dfat.gov.au