ACU Virtual Summer School 2021 | August 2, 2021 - August 13, 2021
Dear final-year undergraduate & current postgraduate students,
We are pleased to announce that applications are now open for the ACU Virtual Summer School 2021.
It is a two-week virtual event from August 2, 2021 -August 13, 2021 exclusively for final-year undergraduate students and current postgraduate students. The event is multi-disciplinary: it is appropriate both for those studying fields related to disaster studies, and students from other fields who are interested in how they can apply their discipline to the theme, “‘Urban disasters: Vulnerability and resilience in a pandemic”. The event is free to attend, but the participants will be selected as part of a competitive selection process.
Prime details of the summer program are mentioned below.
In case of any concern, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
About ACU Summer Program:
Organized in partnership with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), this year’s ACU Summer School will explore the theme ‘Urban disasters: Vulnerability and resilience in a pandemic’. Consisting of online lectures, group work and discussion, this event is a great opportunity for students from across the Commonwealth to connect and collaborate around key global issues.
The Summer School programme has been developed by senior specialists from the School of Disaster Studies at Tata Institute of Social Sciences. It's a small and friendly event which is capped at 50 participants. Participants who do not have access to Wi-Fi will be able to apply for a grant to fund data costs needed for them to participate.
Two-week virtual event from August 2, 2021 - August 13, 2021
The event is free to attend, but the participants will be selected as part of a competitive selection process.
Who can apply?
- Students in their final-year undergraduate studies and current postgraduate (Master’s/PhD) students
- Participants must not have previously travelled outside their home region or already participated in an ACU Summer School
- The event is multi-disciplinary: it is appropriate both for those studying fields related to disaster studies, and students from other fields who are interested in how they can apply their discipline to the theme.
What to expect?
- Talks by leading international speakers
- Engaging and challenging group project work
- Networking opportunities
- Intercultural sessions
- Skills development
- The chance to learn about the history and culture of Mumbai
How to apply?
Complete an online application form. As part of the form, students must attach an academic reference from a lecturer at their current university and answer the following questions in 150-250 words each:
- Explain how your academic studies and/or interests, achievements, work experience and volunteering experience fit with the theme of the summer school
- Briefly describe a challenge related to the COVID-19 pandemic experienced by a town/city in your country and how the community responded
- How could the subject that you are studying/researching contribute to addressing a challenge related to the COVID-19 pandemic, or future pandemics?
- Explain how you plan to share and communicate the knowledge gained during the summer school
Applications close at Wednesday, April 14, 2021 (16:00 UTC+1). Applicants will be contacted by the end of May.
For further details, please visit https://www.acu.ac.uk/funding-opportunities/for-students/grants/acu-summer-school/